Sunday, January 31, 2010

Icecrown and Healing

I made my first runs into 10 Man Icecrown over the weekend. I ran it with a bunch of friends from another guild with the goal of gaining raid experience and rep by clearing trash up to the first boss.

We did this twice, and even though we did this with minimal issues we were really under-geared, so taking down the boss wasn't really going to happen.

I'm not complaining, this was a friends run, but one of our DPS (a moonkin) had a very basic mix of greens and blues. Needless to say taking on the boss was only going to be a learning experience.

I actually was asked to heal this one and it went really well. I've done very little healing and it's almost always been with friends, you know the kind of groups where you think before you attack.

This morning I thought I would enter randoms as a healer.

It was a complete disaster.

The problem with randoms is you never know what you are going to get. In Boomkin I can usually deal with it, after all I've spent countless hours in that form.

As a Tree, not so good.

Two dismal experiences, the last in Pit of Saron, and I called it a day.

I guess I need to go back to practice mode for healing.

Cya,

Keila the Forest Cat

No comments: