Thursday, January 27, 2011

For Me, It's just a game

My response to the criticism swirling around about the current state of WoW.

For me what it all comes down to is that WoW is just a game.

I use it as a diversion after a long week of work, a stressful day, or maybe I just want to get away from life for a while.

I've never taken it seriously, never been a hardcore raider, never accomplished anything "significant" in the game.

I don't care. I can get lost just swimming in Vashj'ir and admiring the beauty of the undersea world they have created. I love finding the little details and just enjoying what I see. Maybe there's something wrong with me that I don't try to "win" this game. I'd like to think it's because I love art and can appreciate the remarkable accomplishment that Blizzard has created. It could also be because I'm a lousy gamer ;)


I know people will scoff at the n00b that has zero raid achievements and nothing hardcore in her armory, but you know what? That's OK. I enjoy relaxing with my WoW friends. For 15 dollars a month you can't beat that.

Not criticizing anyone for playing differently than me, just an observation about my time in this game =)

Cya,

Keila (The Forest Cat)

No comments: