Saturday, January 22, 2011

Auberdine, the After Effects - Part I


I have an unusual fondness for Auberdine. Some of this is because I really enjoyed questing there when Keila was in her teens. I loved the questlines, and I met some really fun people (Hi Roguelf) that I grouped with, which in turn led me to my first guild (Bladefist Embassy).

The other reason I seem to love this place so much is because it seems everytime I stopped over it was under attack by the Horde, and I ended up defending it. I'm not really much of a PvP player, but I fought a lot of battles in Auberdine.

I was a little distressed to see Auberdine was going to be destroyed in Cataclysm, so I took some pictures and video before Deathwing came through.

Here's a little before and after of the tiny house that sits up on the hill. I also have quite a few older pictures of this house. For some reason when I was a newbie WoW player I used to leave Keila sleeping in this house when I logged off. Don't laugh, I did figure out eventually the concept of rest, and how it was much better to log out in an inn than in a bed in some random house :)
Cya,

Keila (The Forest Cat)

No comments: